Wednesday 20 March 2013

Hairband a licious



I bought a pack of plain plastic hair bands from the supermarket and decided to crafty them up.
The one above I covered the band with some Gray stripy papermania capsule collection ribbon. I then made some flowers from crochet trim, just a running stitch along one edge, then pulling together to gather it up. I made three of these and added some coordinating spotty buttons, also from papermania capsule collection. I stitched the flowers together after I was happy with the positions, then hot glue gunned everything in place. As an afterthought I added a few buttons along the band as well. 

For the next band I had some 2" wide lace trim. I stitched and gathered a 36" length into a flower. I then added some different dark red colours with my promarkers (yes, promarkers!) directly to the flower shape. The flower I then cut around roughly to make a 1 1/2" flower. I had a length of the lace that was roughly cut but was ideal for wrapping around the actual hairband. After wrapping the band, I added some ribbon bows to my flower and a matching red button. I glue gunned everything into place and that was the second one done.



I would like to enter into the following challenge:
Really reasonable ribbon challenge #68

2 comments:

  1. Lovely hair adornments! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty headbands! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete